Wednesday, November 28, 2007

message from Mike TV of Get Set Go

From Mike TV of Get Set Go

We're playing at Kiss or Kill tonight.

For those of you who don't know it, Kiss or Kill is a weekly event where lots of bands, all of which are incredible, congregate to celebrate each other's music, singalong, drink, and be merry. You can look out on any crowd and see numerous musicians from other bands in the scene just hanging out, digging the music, and fraternizing with each other. It really has been and honor and a privilege to be a part of this community. So, tonight's show is the last Kiss or Kill we're ever going to play. Because, as they say, all good things must end. And Kiss or Kill was a good, nay, a great thing. And for a brief while, it was a shining example of what can happen when a bunch of great bands and good people decide to congregate on a weekly basis.

So, I'd like to invite you guys out to the show tonight. We're going on early. Well, early for Kiss or Kill. We're starting the night out at 9:45. This is deference to all of our fans that have to go to work or school in the morning. So, if you are planning on coming out, and you show up at 10:30, and you've missed us, don't tell me about it. Because, as I said before, we're playing this show for you. I hear my music all the time. I love it. It's great music. But the reason we play out, is so that you guys can share and be a part of it. So, I hope you do.

This is the end of an era. The Kiss or Kill era. And I'm lucky to have had a chance to experience it. There were some Kiss or Kill shows that rank amongst the finest rock shows I've ever been to. And for those of you who know me, you know that I'm talking about a thousand shows. No joke. 100 to 200 shows a year for almost ten years. That's not including touring and other people's shows. And there are a handful of Kiss or Kill shows that I will always, always, always remember.

So, come out tonight and help us say farewell to an old friend. Even if, for you, it's a new friend.

With great, big, steaming piles of love and respect,

Mike TV

No comments: