Sunday, December 2, 2007

How I Came Across Kiss or Kill: The Automatic Music Explosion



The Automatic Music Explosion



The AME Live at Kiss or Kill - Safari Sam's 2007 - photos by Ashley Ford

By Matt:

“A few years back I went to The Echo & saw my first Kiss or Kill night. I had never been to a night of live bands that had such a supportive & friendly vibe. I had moved from New York City where things were definitely NOT like that. I couldn’t wait to get a band together & be part of the scene.


We got a last minute offer to play @ 7pm on a mostly DJ oriented night at Safari Sam’s. We had been playing out for a couple months & we were looking to play anywhere & were definitely excited to be playing Safari Sam’s regardless of the time slot.


Cooper was working at the bar that night, she saw us & that was that.


Our first KorK was (I think) Jan 29, 2007. After that we were asked to be the resident band for April. It was a huge thrill & we made lots n’ lots of new fans & friends. After that we played every couple months including a show with Metal Skool @ The Key Club.

"We definitely owe a HUGE “Thank You” to Cooper, Siria & Johnny for all of the opportunities we’ve been given!


We’ll miss Kiss or Kill!



XOXO,




Matt, Jodie, Chris, Jeff & Max!

THE AUTOMATIC MUSIC EXPLOSION

No comments: