Sunday, December 2, 2007

How I Came Across Kiss or Kill: NU-TRA


NU-TRA


All Photos of NU-TRA at Kiss or Kill @ The Echo by Flaco

From Vahe of NU-TRA:



I used to hang out at this music store called Future Music on Sunset Blvd.

Future Music was a well respected store owned by gear guru Jack Waterson. Jack is like the musicians Yoda and his store was like a haven for bands and friends. Jack was friends with Matt and Cooper so Jack being a NU-TRA fan he suggested I meet them.

One day I had randomly met Matt at Future Music and we hit it off. We were residency at the Echo in the winter of 2004 and Jack had told Matt to come out so Matt showed up with Cooper and they saw us live.

This is the first time I had met Cooper. Next thing I know Matt called and asked us to play KORK and let me tell you something... I have never heard anyone so enthusiastic about us. We were doing well as a band in LA but booking agents made us miserable by not caring like we did. We worked hard promoting shows and we filled up venues but we still got treated like shit. Matt made us feel important so we were happy to come aboard. I was told the last KORK show at Zen was coming up so I decided to check it out. FAMILY FUN TIME!

Everyone was having a great time like one great big family. NU-TRA's first show was at KORK when they had just moved to the Echo and boy was that successful! We were asked to have a residency right away.

I had not met Johnny 99 till we played KORK. Johnny was always good to us... I loved the fact that he would play the "Truth About De-Evolution" DVD on the projector... It made me feel right at home.

My relationship with Matt and Cooper grew and we have become great friends over the last few years. I am glad this was all a part of my life. I have read a few KORK stories and one thing it fails to mention is how much work Matt did. This not knocking Johnny 99 or Cooper or even Siria because they all worked hard but I think Matt did a lot of the scouting and bringing all of you the fine entertainment that was KORK.

I want to thank Matt, Cooper, Johnny 99, Siria and all the fans that made us feel important.

Thank you for accepting us in your world.

Thank you for believing in our vision in any way.

NU-TRA loves you.

Vahe

No comments: